National Chef of Wales 2020 Bara Brith
Sam is Welsh Chef of the year at works at a Michelin Star restaurant.
- 250g Dried Mixed Fruit
- 225ml Water and 3 tea Bags
- 75g Soft Brown Sugar
- 10g Mixed Spice
- 175g SR Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 zested orange
- 50ml Brandy or Whiskey
- Brew tea and pour over dried fruit, leave to steep for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight)
- Remove tea bags and add alcohol
- Whisk eggs, add orange zest
- Mix spices, flour and sugar into soaked fruit.
- Mix with eggs until combined
- Bake in loaf tin at 150’c for 1 hour.